Friday, August 3, 2012

Insta-Friday ~ Our Week in Pictures

Linking up for another Insta-Friday!

life rearranged

While trying to soak up these last few days of freedom vacation, we spent a lot of time outside (that's where my girls are happiest, and I love that).



My big girl wanted to collect a few bugs...in an old butter dish ‘cause that’s how we roll.  She couldn’t find any butterflies, so she settled for ants...yuck.  Definitely not my first, second, or tenth choice, but I don't really like bugs...at all. Ever.  So, I will just stick to taking pictures while she finds the bugs!


And yes, I realize she is wearing a fleece top and long pants in this crazy heat, but the little diva has to dress herself these days.  I never know what she's going to come out wearing next...she also got into some lip gloss that, from the looks of her lips the next day, was very long lasting.  


I have a slight feeling somewhere deep down inside of me that if I had actually wanted that lip gloss to last for two days...it probably wouldn't have...just sayin'.

We watered the poor plants that have barely survived the heat and lack of rain.


And watering plants, without a doubt, leads to playing in the dirt...OK, for this little girlie, just being outside leads to playing in the dirt.


We had to run a few errands, and this little munchkin had to bring along her puppy (well, it's actually her sister’s puppy but in the world of children and toys, nothing is etched in stone).  We were headed to Petsmart, so I thought it was appropriate ;)



We absolutely had to grab some Chick-fil-a while we were out and about!


Chicken nuggets, waffle fries, those awesome ketchup packets...and the hubby had a salad while I had a chicken sandwich. I know, I know...I did feel a little guilty about my choice, but it was really good.  S0, I will start eating healthier tomorrow...or maybe next week.

The watermelons were ready this week!  (See, eating better already.)  I just love all of the fresh, colorful foods that come along during the summertime.  I am especially thankful for family who can grow just about anything and share it with the rest of us who are not blessed with such green thumbs...I think mine is a nice shade of yellow.


We also enjoyed a few apples.  An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away but also makes one a little silly...apparently.



Little girls will make you silly, too.  The highlight of my days is crashing at home in the evenings with my three loves...my zoo crew ;) 


We watched a few movies, some of the Olympics, a lot of Peppa Pig and were thankful for our time together.  

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." ~ Colossians 3:15

I hope you have had a wonderful week!
Amanda :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for fun days out and eating at Chic-fil-a!!! We were there this week too:-) And I stay as far away when my kiddos catch bugs too!!! Stopping by from Life Rearranged!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jocelyn!! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and for the note!! I hope you've had a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE it as usual! SO much FUN! Love ALL my BAby-Girls and our Girl DAys! :-)

    ReplyDelete