Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Letter to my Kindergartner

A few thoughts to our first baby girl as you begin this new adventure :)  

There are a few things we want you to remember:

Always be yourself. God made you an original, and you're super cute just the way you are!

“Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you...” ~ Jeremiah 1:5  


Be patient with your baby sister.  She purposefully drives you crazy (and bites you and pulls your hair)...but she loves you and wants to be just like you! ;)


Keep your free, creative, happy spirit.  You are our ray of sunshine, that's for sure.  (And you totally appreciate mommy's goofiness silly side!)


Look for great adventures, and discover new things...


Be sure to appreciate the little things in life...



Don’t be afraid to take a stand for yourself and what you believe in.  

“The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” ~ Psalm 27:1


Keep your head up and don’t miss the sunshine because you were looking down.


You are never alone (even though you probably want to be sometimes).  

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10


You have already added so much to our lives.  So many hugs and kisses...and dinosaur toys.  So much love and affection...and pink!  We are so blessed and thankful that God chose us to be your parents. 

“Then He took a little child and set him in the midst of them.  And when He had taken him in His arms, He said to them, ‘Whoever receives one of these little children in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me, receives not Me but Him who sent Me.’” 
~ Mark 9:36-37


You are beautiful and smart and so much fun.  We love you so much and hope you have a great year! :) 
Mommy & Daddy


Note: I read this letter to my girl with so much emotion and love, and this was her response: “Why don’t you send that to my phone?” 
ummm...because you’re five, you don’t have a phone.  
“Well, is breakfast ready?” 
 {sigh...from the mouths of babes...}


Sharing this post with mercyInk for All Things Heart & Home

and At The Picket Fence

4 comments:

  1. I lOVE IT!!!!! She soooooooo cracks me up.
    Love Auntie Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness ... Amongst the tears ... I am Laughing also! LOL She is so Funny ... Biggi's Little Punkinhead! My Sweet Girl! I sure am going to miss her ... Livi and Biggi will be lost ... for a couple of minutes anyway, that is until "Little Miss Livi Lou Whoo" finds something to get into and we will be on our way! LOL
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL! I adore it and am so grateful you linked up at mercyink! My daughter is heading to Kindergarten next week, you've totally inspired me to write her a letter too :) And I will DEFINITELY feature your post at next week's link up. Just precious!
    And love what she thought about the letter too, lol!!

    many blessings,
    lauren
    www.mercyinkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! Thank you SO much! I appreciate your kind words. I have so many emotions about her heading to kindergarten. The letter was something I wanted to do for her, and I am so happy I could inspire someone else! I am thrilled and honored to be featured at mercyINK! Thanks again! :) Have a beautiful day!!

      Delete