Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sundays With Pappy

We returned home this afternoon from another Sunday lunch and afternoon visit at my Grandma & Pappy's house.  My Grandma, who holds such a special place in my heart, has gone home to be with our Lord, but her presence and her touches are still woven all throughout that dear house.  


Every time I visit, I find something new...or something I’ve probably looked over many times but never actually seen.  




There is so much history, such special memories, and countless blessings.




This home has held and hugged so many children.  Each child who has left his or her little fingerprints here has received lots of love in return...and usually a new nickname ;) 




For example, this is Pappy and his "Ollipop" :) ~ I just adore this picture!




During one visit, I mentioned my search for a new book to read.  He sent me home with a series of books he had enjoyed by Jan Karon.  





In all honesty, I rarely get a chance to read anything other than Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight, so when I do get to curl up at the end of the evening with a good book, I prefer something uplifting, inspiring, and comforting. Coffee just goes better with happy stories!  


When the first lines read, "He left the coffee-scented warmth of the Main Street Grill and stood for a moment under the green awning. The honest cold of an early mountain spring stung him sharply..." I knew I was probably going to enjoy this book! ;)


Even though I may not actually finish the series before the girls are teenagers, I am enjoying it every chance I get.


So, thanks Pappy for having us over, for loving our babies, for blessing our lives...and for the great book! :)




Enjoy your family, read a good book, and have a great day!
Amanda :)



“Lord, make me a blessing to someone today.” 
~ Jan Karon, At Home in Mitford




1 comment:

  1. ... Thanks for the "tears" before I start painting! LOL This was so good ... and brought back so many memories!
    Love you ... and ... keep writing because I LOVE reading it! :-)

    ReplyDelete