Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Girl's Best Friend


I was thinking the other day that someone else in our little home is going to be pretty sad when we rejoin the rat race in a few weeks and head back to school, work, and Grandma’s.  Charlie Brown-Black (what he's affectionately known as lately) has enjoyed these summer days with us.

It could be that he just really enjoys the random assortment of foods and toys that the girls leave scattered across the floor for his enjoyment ;) 


When the girlies and I came home with this little black fuzzy dog, I have to confess, it wasn’t quite the bulldog that my hubby had been wanting...I mean...there wasn’t even a resemblance (minor complication).  He secretly admits sometimes that Chuck Norris (he has his own special nickname for the pup) has won him over...but I won’t tell.  Our cat on the other hand...it may take her a little longer to adjust.   I always said that God knew just what we needed when he brought this little dog into our lives, but my husband pointed out that maybe God brought us into Charlie’s life...see what I mean...he likes him, but I digress ;)

"My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet."  ~ Edith Wharton
~ On a side note: It occurred to me as I posted this that all of these photos are of the backs of two girlies and their puppy.  This is probably because I have to try and sneak up on them to get a decent picture.  The element of surprise helps prevent a blurry black blob of a dog and his cold, wet nose pressed into my camera :)  but I still love these pictures!
Enjoy your pets, your children, and your life for they are all precious gifts!  Have a great day :)
Amanda


1 comment:

  1. Awww ... Biggi LOVES "Charlie Brown Black" too! :-)
    Such a sweetie and yes, God put you both in the right place at the right time ... because ALL of you needed each other! :-)
    Perfect fit!
    Love Mommy!

    ReplyDelete